Setting the Standard for Social ResponsibilityDiageo is proud of our brands. And just as proud to be setting the standard for social responsibility and responsible marketing. Over the past decade, we’ve worked closely with governments, the public health community and licensing authorities—plus other beer, wine and spirit producers—to help develop policies and initiatives that promote responsible drinking and discourage alcohol misuse. The Century Council creates and promotes educational programs encouraging adults to consume alcohol responsibly.
www.centurycouncil.org The International Center for Alcohol Policies focuses on responsibility, partnerships and an evidence-based approach to alcohol policy issues www.icap.org We get that it’s a party. But everybody—guest and host—needs to keep some simple rules in mind.
- Real hosts go pro. Hire a real bartender to mix drinks and serve responsibly.
- Show the designated drivers some love. Nothing’s worse than two-liter bottles of flat cola, so whip up a non-alcoholic punch or two.
- Make sure somebody has numbers for the cab company.
- Plan a graceful exit. Think about how you’re going to get home before you leave home.
- Talk with your mouth full. Eating before or while you’re drinking slows alcohol consumption.
- Pass on the salt lick. Salty snacks make people drink more, so don’t be afraid to bake a cake.
- Be aggressive. If you’re hosting, grab your guests’ car keys and be smart about who gets them back.
- Time really is on your side. It’s the only fool-proof method for sobering up, so stop serving or drinking at least an hour before the party’s over.